In 2017, United Bible Societies (UBS) (@ubsbible) assisted in translating the Bible or Scripture portions into 49 languages spoken by more than 580 million people, as reported in UBS’ Global Scripture Access Report 2017 Annual Progress.
So non-profits like New Comienzos are stepping in to help out. The location for its offices is strategic; a nearby call center employs dozens of young Dreamers because of their fluency in English, a language which for most is more familiar than Spanish. The call center is something of a hub, and a number of businesses, from barber shops to burger joints, have sprung up in the area to cater to this new Americanized population — so much so that the neighborhood is known as ‘Little L.A.’
Trump’s bullying only makes it more likely that the Cubans, with or without a Castro, will do what they have done for the past fifty-nine years: exhibit stubborn pride and, if necessary, forge tactical alliances with any of America’s geostrategic foes who might be willing to watch their back.
- Equip The Saints
- Minister From The Church, Not Just In The Church
- Leverage Social Media
- Truly, Genuinely Love People
- Keep Jesus Front-and-Center
More than a quarter–26 percent–of American adults admit to not having read even part of a book within the past year. That’s according to statistics coming out of the Pew Research Center. If you’re part of this group, know that science supports the idea that reading is good for you on several levels.
- Tech is not neutral.
- Tech is not inevitable.
- Most people in tech sincerely want to do good.
- Tech history is poorly documented and poorly understood.
- Most tech education doesn’t include ethical training.
- Tech is often built with surprising ignorance about its users.
- There is never just one single genius creator of technology.
- Most tech isn’t from startups or by startups.
- Most big tech companies make money in just one of three ways.
- The economic model of big companies skews all of tech.
- The process or methodology by which tech is created can follow fads or trends that are in fashion.
- No institution has the power to rein in tech’s abuses.
Other genetic differences stuck around even months after landing. “Although 93 percent of genes’ expression returned to normal post-flight, a subset of several hundred ‘space genes’ were still disrupted after return to Earth,” acccording to a NASA press release. About 7 percent of Scott’s genes may show longer-term changes, included the genes associated with DNA repair, immune health, bone formation, hypoxia (an oxygen deficiency in the tissues) and hypercapnia (excessive carbon dioxide in the bloodstream).
The 44-year-old Jamesport woman was arrested on driving while ability impaired by drugs and unlicensed driving charges after the authorities said she pulled up to the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office Correctional Facility and tried to put in a breakfast order at the the Riverhead Correctional Facility’s security booth.
Authorities said after the woman pulled up and tried to place an order for “bacon, egg and cheese,” Deputy Yvonne DeCaro, who was manning the booth at the time, told her that she was at the county jail.