I want you to think about some of the people you know. I’d like for you to try and think of someone you know who might fit each of these categories:
- Someone showing little interest in God. This might even be someone who is antagonistic toward God and religion in general. Just think of someone that you know that doesn’t seem interested in God.
- Moral person who isn’t involved in a church. It’s okay if you don’t know if this person believes in Jesus or not. Just try and identify someone who seems like a good person but doesn’t seem to be a church goer.
- God fearer. Borrowing a term from the book of Acts, I’m using this to describe people who seem to believe in God but haven’t given their lives to Christ.
- New Christian. This is someone who has recently begun their new life in Christ.
- Long-time Christian who could use some encouragement.
Now here’s what I’d like to ask you to do:
- Pray for this person. Pray for blessings for them. Pray that the Spirit will work in their lives.
- Pray that God will use you to move this person one step closer to Him. Each of these people needs that. Each of us needs that. Don’t worry about whether or not that person will even know how God has used you. Just pray to be used.
While you’re at it, go ahead and add me to that list. I could use your prayers. Feel free to add your name in the comments if you’d like the same.