And few churches are working to equip parents with the understanding they need to respond faithfully to culture at home. Meanwhile, parents do what’s easier and focus on raising kids with the kinds of “good values” any secular humanist would be proud of. Those kids eventually discard Christianity in favor of simply being “good without God.”
- Christian movies are not made by artists but propagandists.
- Christian movies take place in the imagined reality of Christian sentimentalism.
- Christian movies emphasize narrative tidiness over nuance.
- Christian movie theology must be contained in platitudes.
- Even the best “Christian movie” will never be cool.
We’ve set up unrealistic expectations for ourselves where our calling is concerned. These expectations often keep us from embracing what we were created for. Understanding your calling may not be as complicated as you’re making it out to be.
A nationally representative survey conducted in the fall of 2017 showed that just 14 percent of 9- to 11-year-olds believe that the country’s leaders model how to treat others with kindness — and 70 percent said it would help kids their age to be kinder if adults in charge of the country set a better example.
The match ended just the way you would have wanted it to. Dillon, an otherwise undefeated district champ, was pinned by Jake, and the gym went nuts.