I’ve been asked to give a class on the use of social media in missions. I’ve got lots of ideas, more than I would have time to share in one class period. However, I’m slowly learning that my cyber-friends are much wiser than I. So I’m appealing to you. Help me out with some thoughts on this topic. To make it easier, let’s keep it broad. Rather than focusing merely on missions, let’s think about non-profits in general and religious groups in particular.
I’d like to hear your thoughts on things like…
- What are some non-profits that do an especially good job with social media?
- Who are some individuals who excel in the use of social media?
- How have you seen Facebook used effectively by religious groups or individuals?
- How have you seen Twitter used effectively by religious groups or individuals?
- How have you seen blogs used effectively by religious groups or individuals?
- What about some of the other social media, like Google+, LinkedIn, etc.? How do you see them being used well?
- What are some “best practices” that would span all social media?
Is that enough to get some thoughts rolling? Can you see how I’m not worried about having enough to talk about?
Thanks for any input you can give.