So, yeah… it’s been on of those semesters. And the upcoming weeks look no better. So the Kitchen is essentially closed until 2019.
That said, I feel it important to share my thoughts on some of the important topics of the day:
- I just really can’t support this idea. It makes no sense in light of current circumstances. There might have been a time when this would have been seen as reasonable, but that time is long past. Frankly, I’m offended that anyone would even suggest this.
- What the government is doing on this one is outrageous. I can’t believe the clown we have in the White House and the incompetent idiots we have in Congress. Frankly, I’m offended that anyone would ever suggest supporting this move.
- We need to get behind our elected leaders on this plan. Remember what the Bible says about respecting those in authority. We need to remember that in a democracy, we exercise our rights to vote, then we are obligated to support those in office. Frankly, I’m offended that anyone would question our officials on this one.
- This one controversy baffles me. How can Christians support an ungodly idea like this? Have we just tossed the Bible out the window in order to blindly follow the whims of culture? Frankly, I’m offended that believers would behave this way.
- I’ve been surprised at the pushback on this idea. Is this the Middle Ages? Will we now teach a works-based legalism that binds us to things that were true in Jesus’ day but that no longer fit our current culture? Frankly, I’m offended that anyone would criticize our efforts to apply the Bible to the modern world.
I guess that’s enough for now. If you want my opinion on any argument you’re involved in, just choose one of the above. And feel free to quote me! Frankly, I’ll be offended if you don’t.